|Aquatic centre||Fitness centre||Crèche||Café|
|Monday - Thursday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 9.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||
8.00am - 6.00pm
|Friday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 8.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||
7.30am - 6.00pm
|Saturday||6.00am - 6.00pm||6.00am - 6.00pm||8.15am - 12.00pm||
8.00am - 5.00pm
8.00am - 5.00pm
|8.00am - 2.00pm||CLOSED||
9.00am - 5.00pm
*Winter opening hours from 1 June
On public holidays or during holiday periods the venue may be closed or opening times may differ, visit the public holiday hours page for up to date information
Kennedya Drive Joondalup WA 6027Get directions
HBF Arena is approximately 1km from the Joondalup railway station, about 15 minutes by foot. Buses run regularly from the train station and surrounding suburbs.
There are 1000 parking spaces at the venue including disabled and motorbike bays. Bicycle racks are located by the entrance to secure your bike. A parking fee may apply during major events.
- Improve upper body strength
- Build your strength for push-ups
- Build upper body bone density.
The American College of Sports Medicine encourages older adults to use multi-joint, free-weight exercises as a method of improving bone mass, muscular strength and muscular endurance.
- Sit and the end of a Flat Bench. Then lie down by lowering yourself back on the bench slowly. Put your eyes under the bar.
- Raise your chest and tighten your upper-back. Put your shoulder blades back and down. Squeeze them.
- Grab the bar with your pinky inside the ring marks. Squeeze the bar with a full overhand grip.
- Feet flat on floor, shoulder width stance.
- Straighten your arms to lift the bar out of the rack. Lift it balanced over your shoulders.
- Lower the bar slowly until your arms are at a 90 degree angle and the bar is touching just below the chest. Don’t flare elbows.
- Repeat for the prescribed amount of reps and then carefully place the bar back onto the rack