|Day||Aquatic centre||Fitness centre||Crèche||Café|
|Monday - Thursday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 9.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 8.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Saturday||6.00am - 6.00pm||6.00am - 6.00pm||8.15am - 12.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Sunday||8.00am - 5.00pm||
8.00am - 2.00pm
8.00am - 5.00pm (from 6 Oct)
|CLOSED||8.30am - 4.00pm|
On public holiday or during holiday periods the venue may be closed or opening times may differ, visit the public holiday hours page for up to date information.
Kennedya Drive Joondalup WA 6027Get directions
HBF Arena is approximately 1km from the Joondalup railway station, about 15 minutes by foot. Buses run regularly from the train station and surrounding suburbs.
There are 1000 parking spaces at the venue including disabled and motorbike bays. Bicycle racks are located by the entrance to secure your bike. A parking fee may apply during major events.
Delicious drinks, tasty food, music, dancing and laughs with good friends – we love a good cocktail party!
For a classy cocktail party function in Perth that everyone will be raving about for months to come we’ve put together a quick guide to get your started:
1. Plan the specifics
Sit yourself down with a pen and paper, and get clear on a few key items:
- Guest list - How many guests are attending? Write your list and add up the number of people you will invite.
- Theme - what’s your theme? Whether it’s a dress up theme or a theme for your décor and general vibe, choosing a theme will help guide you in making other important decisions for your function such as food and drinks, entertainment, etc.
- Indoor or outdoor - will your Perth function be indoors or outdoors? The season will help you determine whether to keep your cocktail party indoors or whether to take it outdoors. If going outdoors make sure it’s guaranteed fine weather so you won’t have to execute any last minute Plan B option.
- Timing - what’s the timing of your cocktail party? Decide on the timing of your Perth function, will it start before it gets dark so your guests can enjoy a nice sunset? What time will it finish, do you need to take into consideration any restrictions or curfews when setting the finish time of your function?
- Dress - Is this a casual event for friends or a formal business networking event? Give your guests an idea on what to wear.
- Invitations – how will you invite your guests? Will you go traditional and send invites in the mail? Perhaps you want to be more environmentally conscious and use paperless post. Other options include creating a Facebook event, handing hard copy invites direct to your guests, or via email.
- Budget – Once you have your guest list and a general idea of the type of cocktail party function you’re looking to host make sure to set a reasonable budget. This might mean you might have to cut a few things here and there but if you set a budget it will help to keep costs from blowing out.
2. Choose your food & drink
- Choose your menu – cocktail parties serve stand up foods rather than sit down meals but this doesn’t mean you have to skimp on food. There are a range of scrumptious cold and hot finger foods you can serve your guests as well as specialty food stations to delight your guests such as build a burger, taco stations, etc. Use the season to help guide your choices.
- Decide on your drinks – drinks are always a key element of a successful classy cocktail party. You don’t have to go overboard but having a range of options will ensure you please all guests. Decide whether you will provide a drinks menu or have an open bar. Be sure to include the standard selections such as wine and beer, plus throw in a couple of unique options. To make your cocktail party super classy you may choose to provide some specialty cocktails, but this all depends on your budget.
3. Choose your Entertainment
- DJ – a DJ spinning the latest tunes, remixes, as well as all the classics is sure to get the party started.
- Band – a band is a great option if you have a wide ranging guest list, a live band is sure to be a hit with all ages.
- Performers – you might choose to add something extra to your party such as aerialist performers, clowns, magicians; the opportunities are endless.
- Playlist – if your budget conscious, a well procured playlist is a great option to get your guests up dancing with minimal cost. Ask your guests for some music suggestions to get you started in creating your playlist – just make sure it’s all ready to go come the day of your event.
- Surprises – who doesn’t love a good surprise? One way to make sure you function is a huge hit is surprise your guests! Late night Mr whippy delivering ice cream, special guests or fun activities they aren’t expecting.
4. Get some help:
- To ensure your cocktail party goes off without a hitch let the professionals help you out.
- Now that you have made some important party decisions on your own HBF Arena can help you take care of the rest. HBF Arena are the party experts and will work with you to ensure your cocktail party is one to remember.
- When you choose to hold your cocktail party at HBF Arena you can rest assured that all aspects will be taken care of. HBF Arena offers a range of catering, beverage, theming and entertainment options. Also included is plentiful free parking for your guests, security and clean-up.