|Day||Aquatic centre||Fitness centre||Crèche||Café|
|Monday - Thursday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 9.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 8.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Saturday||6.00am - 6.00pm||6.00am - 6.00pm||8.15am - 12.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Sunday||8.00am - 5.00pm||8.00am - 2.00pm||CLOSED||8.30am - 4.00pm|
On public holiday or during holiday periods the venue may be closed or opening times may differ, visit the public holiday hours page for up to date information.
Kennedya Drive Joondalup WA 6027Get directions
HBF Arena is approximately 1km from the Joondalup railway station, about 15 minutes by foot. Buses run regularly from the train station and surrounding suburbs.
There are 1000 parking spaces at the venue including disabled and motorbike bays. Bicycle racks are located by the entrance to secure your bike. A parking fee may apply during major events.
As well as being one of the most popular sports around the world, soccer is also a great first sport for kids!
With almost half of the population sitting down to watch the World Cup games played earlier this year, there is no denying it's popularity. As well as being a globally-loved sport for fans to watch, soccer is also the most played team sport amongst Australian kids aged 6-13. Along with it's Australian and global popularity there are many other reasons why soccer is a great first sport for kids, our top seven include:
1. Social benefits: Being a team sport, soccer is a great way for kids to meet new friends out of school. With consistent lessons and the need to regularly engage with others during drills and warm-ups it provides the perfect environment for your child to develop their social skills and breakout of their comfort zone.
2. Physical benefits: Soccer is a fantastic form of exercise for kids. The constant running up and down the field improves their fitness as well as strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility. This exercise will definitely improve their fitness and prepare them for any other sports they are wanting to play.
3. Dynamic skill-building: Soccer is a sport that involves the development of a variation of skills, as it requires children to sprint, control the ball, apply defense mechanisms including jumping and trick movements and much more! This dynamic skill building can be applied to and assist with their participation in other sports.
4. Teaches the importance of team work: As soccer heavily relies on a cohesive team to become successful, kids are encouraged to ensure all members are working together and individuals are keeping up with the rest of the team. With the nature of the game meaning there is no real key player, children also come to understand the importance of working as a team towards a collective goal.
5. Develops decision making: There are many decisions to be made by players in soccer. These decisions can include; deciding who to pass the ball to, which side of the goal to go for and how to best get the ball off of another player. Through trial and error, with every game and lesson kids will progressively improve their decision making and become more efficient. Acquiring this skill can be very useful within their later life and is a technique used across all sports.
6. Teaches kids to follow the rules: Being a game of many different rules, soccer is a great way for kids to learn the importance of listening to and abiding by instructions set out by the coach and the rules of the game.
7. Endless fun: It's fun! Soccer gives kids the opportunity to change between different positions on the field and enjoy the camaraderie between team mates off the field. It is a sport where players can move through the levels with their friends by their side and also meet new ones along the way!
If you are currently looking to enrol your child within their first sporting program or just looking for a new sport for them to join, consider the many benefits associated with soccer!
At HBF Arena we offer soccer clinics for kids aged 5-13 as part of our junior sporting clinics program. To learn more about this program click below.