|Day||Aquatic centre||Fitness centre||Crèche||Café|
|Monday - Thursday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 9.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 6.00pm|
|Friday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 8.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 6.00pm|
|Saturday||6.00am - 6.00pm||6.00am - 6.00pm||8.15am - 12.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Sunday*||8.00am - 6.00pm||8.00am - 2.00pm||CLOSED||9.00am - 5.00pm|
*Summer opening hours from Sunday 4 November.
Kennedya Drive Joondalup WA 6027Get directions
HBF Arena is approximately 1km from the Joondalup railway station, about 15 minutes by foot. Buses run regularly from the train station and surrounding suburbs.
There are 1000 parking spaces at the venue including disabled and motorbike bays. Bicycle racks are located by the entrance to secure your bike. A parking fee may apply during major events.
Are you getting to work in the mornings feeling tired and unmotivated? Start making the most of your day by kicking it off with a morning swim!
Why a morning swim you might ask? There are endless benefits to beginning the day with a refreshing workout in the pool. Some of these include the following:
• Wake up call - Do you find when you feel sluggish in the mornings jumping in the shower is a quick-fix resolution to wake yourself up? Enjoying an early morning swim essentially does the same and leaves you feeling more awake for the day as well as giving you the chance to fit in a workout!
• No more excuses - You will no longer have to internally battle with yourself after a stressful day at work to decide whether or not you should go for a workout. By knocking out your workout in the morning gets your daily exercise out of the way early and frees up your afternoon to spend relaxing and enjoying quality time with your family.
• Stress reliever - During swim workouts it’s only yourself, the water and your thoughts. Swimming gives you the opportunity to focus solely on your breathing. It also helps keep your work life at work, as you can’t answer any early morning emails or calls in the pool. This stress relief can also set your mood for the remainder of the day.
• Energy boost – The morning coffee not working the same wonders as it used to? According to research just 90 minutes of swimming throughout the week can improve your energy levels through an increased metabolic rate. So getting up earlier in the morning can actually give you more energy for the day!
I know it’s easy to say to yourself that you are going to wake up early tomorrow, put those swimmers on and head to the pool, but it is definitely easier said than done. To help with your morning motivation for that AM swim we have created a few tips to help ease the process.
• Make your favourite breakfast – waking up is that little bit easier when there is a nice breakfast to motivate you, so splurge on your favourite muesli or wake up a little earlier to make yourself some eggs. This also provides you with great brain food for the day.
• Pre-prepare – Lay out your swimming and work clothes the night before so you don’t have to go scrounging around in the dark frantically trying to find your swim gear or something to wear to work that day. It’s a small thing that makes waking up early that little bit easier.
• Reward yourself – Congratulate yourself from time to time by picking up a coffee from your favourite cafe on the way home from your swim. It’s the little pleasures in life that make us happy.
• Move your alarm – It’s harder to hit the snooze button when you have to get up and turn it off. Whether it’s on the far side of your bed side table or a chest of drawers a few steps away, you have conquered the hardest part about waking up - getting out of bed.
• 5 second count down – I know it may sound simple, but after 5 seconds you start to overthink and doubt your original decision. So when you hear that alarm go off give yourself a 5-second countdown to make the decision to turn it off and get yourself out of bed.
Want to commit to the early morning wake-up's and feel ready to conquer each day? Love swimming in Joondalup? At HBF Arena we provide the perfect facilities to assist your early morning swims. With our aquatic centre open from 5:30am every week day and indoor pools heated to the perfect 26.5 degrees, those early morning wake-ups won’t be as hard as you thought after all. To find out more check out our swim page here.