|Day||Aquatic centre||Fitness centre||Crèche||Café|
|Monday - Thursday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 9.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||5.30am - 8.00pm||5.30am - 8.00pm||8.15am - 1.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Saturday||6.00am - 6.00pm||6.00am - 6.00pm||8.15am - 12.00pm||7.30am - 5.00pm|
|Sunday||8.00am - 5.00pm||8.00am - 2.00pm||CLOSED||8.30am - 4.00pm|
On public holiday or during holiday periods the venue may be closed or opening times may differ, visit the public holiday hours page for up to date information.
Kennedya Drive Joondalup WA 6027Get directions
HBF Arena is approximately 1km from the Joondalup railway station, about 15 minutes by foot. Buses run regularly from the train station and surrounding suburbs.
There are 1000 parking spaces at the venue including disabled and motorbike bays. Bicycle racks are located by the entrance to secure your bike. A parking fee may apply during major events.
A little about our Crèche Attendant, Regina.
- Royal Society of Arts examinations in Secretarial and Business studies
- Business Administration Certificate III
- Toolbox Parenting course
- Royal Life Saving childcare first aid course
Experience in Childcare:
- Nanny in America to two beautiful little girls for two years.
- I come from a big Irish family; I have lots of experience looking after my siblings, cousins and friends children.
- I have my own three gorgeous sons.
Why I enjoy working in the crèche:
Because the gorgeous children greet you with a big smile in the mornings, which is a lovely way to start your work day. It is without doubt one of the most rewarding jobs that I have had. Watching the children grow into their next stages of development is a joy to watch.
It made me laugh when:
One of the three year old girl’s was giggling while her one year old brother tried to fit onto the same little plastic chair beside her. Playing with the children with bubbles outside was great fun. Joining in dancing with the children. As I am Irish (yes I know some people think Scottish, that’s no problem), one of the children tried to teach me how to pronounce a word that I wasn’t getting right, a very cute moment.
How long have you been working in the crèche?
I have been working in the crèche since March this year and I go to work with a smile, looking forward to each day in crèche. I feel very privileged to be trusted with other people’s children.
Hobbies and fun facts:
- I love holidaying and spending quality time with my family. I love my exercise classes and a catch up for coffee afterwards with my lovely friends.
- A funny fact about me is I am in a bookclub as my friends and I call it, but we haven’t read or talked about a book in years in the club. I love to play with balloons and bubbles.
The crèche service at HBF Arena and HBF Stadium is to be recommended because:
- You can see that the staff and children are happily engaged with each other.
- Children are very well supervised.
- The crèche is bright and clean.
- The children are encouraged to mix with each other through fun games.
- Children learn how to have fun through play. They learn how to share with other children and to take turns. When children enjoy their play time and learn from it, it then sets them up to want to continue learning in the future when they go to school. Children learn so much from play in that they have a natural curiosity and though play their curiosity is widened.
As I am a mother myself, I know the importance of getting me time. It’s true the old saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder. An hour in the gym having me time, is so rewarding for a mum to recharge her batteries. You end up with more energy as well, to put into fun times with your children and are better able to cope with those off days that we all have.