Deep water aqua fitness classes are a great low impact workout combining strength, muscular endurance and cardio
Water supports 50% of your body weight so less stress is placed on your joints, making it ideal for all fitness levels, pregnancy and rehabilitating exercisers.
While deep water aerobics has a low impact on your joints, it has a high impact on your cardiovascular system. This workout will leave you fit, strong and more energised.
Who is aqua aerobics for?
Suitable for all fitness levels, from beginners to elite athletes. No swimming skills are necessary as buoyancy belts are supplied to those who require them. Water confidence is developed through regular participation.
Benefits of water aerobics
- Improvement in lung capacity and endurance
- Relief on supporting muscular system for injuries and musculoskeletal conditions
- Short recovery periods
- Decreased gravity which decreases joint loading
- Currents in the water massage the skin promoting circulation and relaxation
- Core muscles are strengthened as participants learn to stabilise their bodies against turbulence
The ultimate endurance class based on muscular strength and interval training.
Challenge yourself by using a range of aquatic equipment in deep or shallow water. This workout will leave you fit, strong and more energised.
What to bring on the day
A high intensity deep water program performed with aqua belts.
This fitness challenge demands higher activation of core muscles, postural alignment and muscular endurance.